Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Do We Need to Watch This Debate?

This debate should be watched only by those who are willing to change their minds.

Let's see.  It is possible that Trump will do just a fantastic job.  It is likely that Biden will simply fall apart.  But there is not likely to be anything that changes my mind; it is only likely to make me feel sadder about this election, or make me feel slightly better, and certainly, make me feel angrier, which is not a good thing.

If any of my readers are still on the fence, these words are not for you.  I have no advice for people who still feel that they might vote for Trump.  We have arrived at a moment where all that we have seen have made us aghast at what sort of person Trump is, what sorts of things he tends to do, and likes to do; and what sorts of thinking goes on within the Republican Party--either temporarily, while their unexpected Messiah, Trump, holds the party in his hand; or permanently, in order to defeat a lot of the policies that Democrats have, with difficulty, put in place.

After this election, we will have to re-evaluate not just the policies of the Democrat Party, but also the policies of the Republicans; or rather, they will have to rethink what they stand for.  I think (and I certainly hope), that there will be a landslide in favor of the Democrats, but I have been wrong before, and maybe Trump will win another chance to do what he thinks is best for the country and for him.  If that happens, we as a nation will truly deserve it.  And we will have to wonder what sort of country we live in.

Arch


No comments:

Final Jeopardy

Final Jeopardy
"Think" by Merv Griffin

The Classical Music Archives

The Classical Music Archives
One of the oldest music file depositories on the Web

Strongbad!

Strongbad!
A weekly cartoon clip, for all superhero wannabes, and the gals who love them.

My Blog List

Followers