Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Anxiety

One problem that early voters have had, I'm just guessing, is that they have already cast their ballots, and do not have the opportunity to discharge some of their tension by voting on Election Day itself.  All they can do is watch the news with great frustration, or just go about their work, because it is a working day.  (It shouldn't be.)

I have downgraded my status from Atheist to Agnostic.  (My beliefs have not changed, but I thought it sounded a little less arrogant.)

You know, the Anglicans have a tiny sliver in their liturgy that is called the collect.  It is a very short prayer, tailored to the occasion, intended to collect everyone's thoughts, just for a few moments.  I was never an Anglican, but I used to follow many young ladies to church, with impure thoughts in my head!

I decided that I would compose a collect for today, appropriate to my status.

I haven't really beat anybody up in a long time, but it certainly gets across a more lighthearted tone!  So here goes nothing,

Arch


No comments:

Final Jeopardy

Final Jeopardy
"Think" by Merv Griffin

The Classical Music Archives

The Classical Music Archives
One of the oldest music file depositories on the Web

Strongbad!

Strongbad!
A weekly cartoon clip, for all superhero wannabes, and the gals who love them.

My Blog List

Followers