Monday, January 18, 2010

An early composition by yours truly

This was written when your blogger was not quite nineteen.

I must dedicate this chorale-prelude to, in addition to Sounthy Philips, the original dedicatee, also Monica Abiaka, Chandran and Ranee Chinappa, Manel and Shelton Wirasinha, Ashley and Bridget Halpe, and Archimedes's Mom, all of whom contributed to my musical training.

[Added later: This is a version featuring "solo" instruments, and the score in High Definition.]

[Added still later: Here's The Last Rose of Summer.





[Added just today]  Here is yet another composition by me, nearing completion.  It was written for strings, but I liked the way it sounds played with a wind quartet (and a double-bass), as simulated by the music editing software.  It is being called serenade on a trial basis:


Arch

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's just beautiful and fun! (I'm not sure I'm allowed to say that this piece is 'fun' but too bad, I just did.)

Archimedes said...

Which one? There are THREE.

Final Jeopardy

Final Jeopardy
"Think" by Merv Griffin

The Classical Music Archives

The Classical Music Archives
One of the oldest music file depositories on the Web

Strongbad!

Strongbad!
A weekly cartoon clip, for all superhero wannabes, and the gals who love them.

My Blog List

Followers