Friday, October 3, 2008

Liszt's Transcendental Etude No. 10

I watched this clip of Cziffra playing one of Liszt's Transcendental Etudes just a second ago. It humbles me that there is so much music that I am not aware of, and with which I am completely not in tune. I could appreciate the brilliance of the performance without being touched by the music. The fact that the man had such technical mastery was amazing. The pianism was undeniable. But is it music? There are pieces by Liszt that I love. But there is a point, a level of brilliance beyond which my appreciation does not go.

Arch

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good good good......

Final Jeopardy

Final Jeopardy
"Think" by Merv Griffin

The Classical Music Archives

The Classical Music Archives
One of the oldest music file depositories on the Web

Strongbad!

Strongbad!
A weekly cartoon clip, for all superhero wannabes, and the gals who love them.

My Blog List

Followers